First time ever to make arrangements for repair services? Breathe and don’t panic. Whether you were involved in a small accident or need to take in your car for repairs caused by normal wear and tear, there are quite a number of car repair shops available in Aurora, ready to provide you with the services you need. Not quite sure where to start? Here are a few pointers from MotoristOrg to help you out:
- Make a list. Don’t call the repair shop just yet. First, jot down everything you know. What’s wrong with your car? What’s working and isn’t? Do you hear anything whenever you drive it? Do your brake pedals feel spongy? Is there smoke rising out of your hood? Know everything you can about your car’s condition.
- Go to the repair shop. When you get to the car repair shop, hand over the list or notes you jotted down. If that’s not possible, then simply relay all the information you wrote down to the mechanic. This will help the repair man pinpoint where the problem is, as well as give him a good idea where to start.
- Expect a diagnostic charge. Some repair shops charge for diagnostic services. Others offer the service for free. While it’s tempting to go for the second one, some repair shops might actually present you with skewed diagnostic results, exaggerating the damage and repairs that need to be done. So unless that shop has a reputation for reliability and trustworthiness, skip that free diagnostic service. Go to a car repair shop you trust.
- Ask a lot of questions. This is one way to test your mechanic’s knowledge. For instance, you could try the following:
- What could be the source of the problem? What can I do to prevent it next time? Knowing preventive measures can prevent the problem from happening again.
- Am I looking at a repair or replacement job? This way, you get an idea of how much you’ll need to spend. In some cases, if the replacement is minor-you’re simply changing one part and not an entire system-then going for that option might be better than opting for repairs.
- Can you tell me how you plan on repairing the damage? A good mechanic won’t have any problem explaining this to you in detail. On the other hand, a mechanic who’s just winging it will hardly have the right details to back up his claims.
You’ll be making that trip to the car repair shop sooner or later. Make it a good one by being ready.
Need a car repair shop in Aurora to fix hail or collision damage? For services and assistance, contact BJ’s Auto Body and Collision Repair shop today!