Do you need dental braces? Dental braces are not just for children. About one million American adults wear dental braces. People wear dental braces for a variety of reasons, including straightening teeth, adjusting jaw position, and aligning their bite. Here are 5 benefits of adult braces Palm Coast.
1. Beautify Your Smile: Adult braces can give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Braces offer corrective treatment for crooked teeth, gapped teeth, protruding teeth, overcrowded teeth, overbite, underbite, etc. Today, dental professionals offer braces that are much smaller and more comfortable than the braces that many people remember.
2. Improve Your Oral Health: Adult braces can result in better dental health because misaligned and overcrowded teeth can make dental hygiene difficult. Over time, this may lead to tooth decay, periodontal (gum) disease, and tooth loss. An improper bite can also interfere with eating and speaking, lead to jaw problems, and cause abnormal wear to enamel.
3. Prevent Health Problems: Straightening your smile is not just about vanity. Overcrowded teeth or a bad bite can cause a myriad of health problems. For example, a bad bite can cause strain on the teeth and jaw muscles and cause problems; these include TMJ, difficulty chewing, headaches, and broken teeth. Poor oral health is also linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and heart attack.
4. Improve Oral Function: Adult braces are more than the means to a nice smile–they can also improve oral function. Having a normal bite is important for healthy living. When your jaws and teeth are in alignment, it means function (speaking, eating) is improved, too. Correcting an improper bite will also decrease wear and damage to your teeth over a lifetime.
5. Prevent Dental Injuries: Adult braces can help lessen the severity of and even prevent dental injuries. It’s important that your bite is corrected to avoid any protruding teeth. Lack of correction can be potentially dangerous. Correcting malocclusions such as an overbite will help protect your teeth from injury. People who are involved in sports are especially at high risk.
Dental braces Palm Coast will do you and your smile a world of good. Dental braces have the power to change your look and improve your life! With a beautiful smile, you will look as wonderful as you feel.