If you have been drawing up a will, you need to define the paperwork first. A will is a written legal document that permits you to clarify who will receive your estate upon your death. It also outlines who will raise your children, if applicable. The document designates whether the beneficiaries will receive their inheritance in a trust or will be given the assets or property directly.

Choosing a Personal Representative

By speaking to a wills and estate planning lawyer in Peachtree City, GA, you can also indicate who will serve as a personal representative for your estate. A personal representative is responsible for paying the bills and taxes and distributing the estate. If you have accumulated some property and assets, you should draw up a will. If minor children live in your household, make will creation a priority.

Contact a specialist in the legal field or a wills and estate planning lawyer in Peachtree City, GA, to answer your questions. He or she can explain why drawing up the paperwork is important. To make sure that the will is valid, it must be written, dated, and signed. You also need to have two witnesses at the will signing. They will sign the document after they watch you sign it.

Creating a Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare

Speak to a wills and estate planning lawyer as well about a durable power of attorney for healthcare. This legal mandate enables another person to make medical decisions on your behalf when you cannot do so. A form is provided by the state to create a durable power of attorney for health care. Also, your attorney can supply you with a form that has been individually created. He or she can explain the requirements that must be met to validate the form.

If you would like to know more about drawing up a will or creating a document such as a durable power of attorney for healthcare, contact a specialist in estate planning. You can have your questions answered when you call a law firm such as CAMPEN ESTATE PLANNING & ELDER LAW. Make it your goal to simplify estate planning by contacting a competent lawyer. You can also connect them on Facebook.