Injuries resulting from car accidents that are caused by the carelessness and negligence of another driver can be severe. They might require long courses of medical care, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. Some victims suffer permanent partial disability that interferes with their ability to work or even attend to simple daily tasks. The common thread running through all these situations is that victims and their families are left physically, financially, and emotionally distressed. Car accident lawyers in Norman, OK, have the knowledge and experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Car Accident Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions
- Failure to obey traffic signals or stop signs
- Otherwise failing to yield the right of way
The Opposing Insurers
Experienced and effective car accident lawyers in Norman, OK, are well aware of the tactics that opposing insurers use in their attempts to devalue or even deny legitimate personal injury claims. Here are a some of them:
- Arguing that a victim was partially at fault for an accident
- Contending that the victim’s medical bills are unreasonable and inflated
- Arguing that the victim’s course of treatment was too lengthy, and he or she should have recovered much sooner
- Contending that the victim had a preexisting injury at the same part of the body, even if it was 15 years ago
- Implying that the accident victim isn’t credible and is just trying to get some money
Insurance companies want to collect premium payments, invest them, and make even more money. Don’t give an opposing insurance company an opportunity to try and devalue or deny your claim, especially when your injuries were caused by the carelessness and negligence of that insurer’s client. If you believe you deserve compensation for your injuries, contact Little, Oliver & Gallagher PLLC car accident lawyers in Norman, OK, for advice right away.