A hydraulic hose plays an integral role in moving hydraulic fluid to various hydraulic components, including valves and actuators. The flexibility of hydraulic hoses allows components to be positioned in the most convenient or efficient places. This is because hydraulic hoses have the ability to bend around corners, span long distances, or fit in tight spaces.
Hydraulic hoses are usually constructed using several layers of reinforcement since hydraulic systems operate at very high pressures. Here are important details to know about hydraulic hoses before visiting a reputable Hydraulic Hose Shop in Minneapolis.
What Are the Various Parts of a Hydraulic Hose?
Modern hydraulic hoses typically consist of three parts: a protective outer layer, a reinforcement layer, and an inner material that contains the fluid. The outer layer should be resistant to abrasion, oil, or weather depending on the type of environment the hose is designed for. The reinforcement layer consists of one or more sheaths of spiral-wound wire, braided wire, or textile yarn. The inner layer can be made of different materials, including synthetic rubbers and thermoplastics.
What Are Some Critical Factors to Consider When Choosing a Hydraulic Hose?
To determine the right hydraulic hose for an application, consider the top five factors below.
- A hose must be sized accurately to maintain proper flow velocity. Thus, it is essential to measure the length of the hose as well as the outside and inside hose diameters.
- Both the ambient temperature and the temperature of the media being conveyed through the hydraulic hose need to be considered when making the selection.
- Different applications require hoses constructed from a variety of materials. It is vital to know if the hose will be used for venting, suction, hydraulic fluids,etc.
- Some substances react with materials. It is important to understand the type of media that will be flowing through the hose.
- Consider the recommended pressure rating for the hydraulic hose to ensure it meets your needs.
There are many variables that determine the service life of a hydraulic hose. However, it is recommended owners use the right hydraulic hose for a specific application. If you’re looking for a reputable Hydraulic Hose Shop in Minneapolis, contact Custom Hose Tech.