What to Know About Embassy Legalization

by | Dec 11, 2018 | Law & Legal Services

The process of seeking embassy legalization can be complex and overwhelming, especially if this is your first time getting involved in it. As such, it’s completely understandable if you have questions. After years of helping numerous individuals seek embassy legalization, it’s also only natural some questions are more common than others. As such, this article will address some of the most frequent questions asked by those seeking embassy legalization across the world.

What Does My Legalization Have to Do with the Hague Convention?

According to the Hague Convention, there are some countries in the world that won’t need extensive embassy legalization processes prior to your entry. In this case, all you need is a bit of help from an apostille in order to be approved.

How Many Seals Will I Need? How Do I Obtain Them?

You will generally need two specific seals: a government seal and a seal from the US Department of State. Should you decide to work with an apostille service, they can send your documents off to the proper facilities. Keep in mind there are some cases where you won’t need a seal from the US Department of State. When this is the case, you instead need seals from a Consulate or Embassy.

What Does a Notary Do? How Can They Help Me?

A notary will typically be an official who works within your city’s courthouse, more specifically, the County Clerk of Court. It’s their job to give their approval of your documentation in the form of a seal. You can also work with a notary public at your bank of choice or a similar location. Be sure to bring all qualifying documents, as well as a form of picture ID to verify your identity.

If you have any further questions about embassy legalization, get in touch with US Authentication Services by calling 1-703-971-7226 or visiting their website.

Latest Articles