If you have any doubts or misgivings about the dangers associated with mold proliferation in today’s day and age, take a brief moment to peruse the facts and figures shown below:
- Mold spores tend to multiply very quickly and they can lead to incessant coughing, rashes, eyesight issues, and a myriad of other detriments.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, over 90% of chronic sinus infections can be directly attributed to mold exposure and more than 20% of asthma diagnoses are mold-related.
- Based on several recent insurance reports, mold damage claims have risen by over 1,000% during the past decade.
- Each year, the U.S. spends approximately $73 billion on repairing mold damage.
- In business settings, mold outbreaks have been directly linked to significant decreases in productivity and costly increases in absenteeism.
Thus, if you’re struggling with mold damage in Long Island, NY, for instance, it’s in your best interests to partner with a reputable restoration service to help eradicate the issue and sanitize your premises. Shown below is a step-by-step guide to help you find a trustworthy local service provider.
Step One: Look for an Accredited Company
During the early stages of your research, you’ll want to evaluate the company’s “About Us” tab and seek out the following information:
- Carrier of the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Certified as a Lead-Safe Firm by the EPA
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), ideally with an A rating
Step Two: Ensure a Versatile Assortment of In-House Aptitudes
Regardless of whether you own a home, business, or apartment complex, you’ll have to turn your attention towards the company’s suite of services to ensure a comprehensive top-to-bottom approach. In this regard, it’s important to note that the most distinguished restoration companies, such as ServiceMaster by Empire, for instance, are able to tout the following specialties:
- Fire damage restoration
- Water damage repairs
- Storm damage refurbishments and renewals
- Mold elimination and restoration services
Step Three: Use the Web-Based Request Form
Once you find a well-regarded firm that features all of the aforementioned aspects, feel free to confidently use their online contact portal to open up a channel of communication.
During the consultation phase, their in-house experts will take the time to learn more about your specific issues and describe how they can help rectify the damage.